Quote of the Day:
“When I want to read a novel, I’ll write one.” TKH
It’s time for our second installment of the Summer Doldrums series highlighting the denizenry of the MTGU. Today’s special guest is TKH. What’s so great about TKH? He hates my politics, doesn’t love Mac’s, and hates being bombarded by our claptrap. Yet, he returns and supports the page. Which is nice.
Oh, ps, I forgot to ask TKH to give me a QOTD, so I chose one for him. On with the interview:
1. Rank these virtues: Loyalty, Fairness, Respect, Caring/Empathy, Purity/Sanctity (i.e., philosophical or religious)
respect, caring/empathy, loyalty, purity/sanctity, fairness (only because who decides whats fair, if I do then it’s first)
2. Where were you on the night of May 31, 2008?
Giving Barack things he didn’t win, or not realizing how few nights my wife and I would have alone in a short year and a hal
3. If you were a cruel person, with lots of nerve, what famous person would you choose to publicly mock and/or berate in a televised face-to-face showdown.
Skip Bayless but hopefully he doesn’t qualify as famous or Gloria Alred
4. What semi-secret (or completely private if you want to bust out with it) ambition do you harbor that, even if achieving it is a longshot, you still hope and plan for in your thoughts?
Opening my own BBQ joint, just pork shoulder and brisket. A little bit of Texas meets the Carolina’s
5. If you had to live in another country, which would it be? For bonus points, why did you make this choice?
Bahamas, Abacos to be exact. Where i am currently typing this from. Which reminds me if you are looking for a new place to visit gonebananasonlubbers.com is a good start. Why? Because I’ve been coming here since HS and boating truly is a way of life down here.
6. Name your top 3 beer choices and your favorite appetizer while drinking them.
Sierra Nevada Torpedo IPA, Dogfish 60 minute, free beer. I dont like for my beer consumption to be distracted with appetizers but I will occasionally enjoy various tapanades.
7. Rank these traits, highly valued in the MTGU, as they apply to you: funny, can’t be pigeonholed, perceptive, informed, well-traveled, well-read, family oriented, intellectually honest.
CBP, family oriented, funny, informed, intellectually honest, perceptive, well traveled (more than many though), well read
8. We all miss Thursday Pickin’ when it’s not around. What tunes, whether only one or up to five, are you listening to right now? Also who, when and where was your last live concert attended?
I rarely listen to music outside of my commute to work, hour both ways, and it is usually Opie & Anthony in the morning and random country on the way home. I have been listening to Adele lately too. Last concert was Zac Brown Band at Meriwether Post Pavilion in Columbia MD, May 31.
9. Rank these MTG topics in order of your own personal interest and/or enjoyment: politics, family tales, general humor, offbeat observations, Thursday Pickin’, strange fiction, rants, travel.
Thursday pickin, Family Tales, travel, offbeat observations, general humor, strange fiction, rants, unborn puppies, homeless kittens, STDs horror stories, transsexual scares, pickpockets, politics.
10. Answer JLou’s question: What was your biggest redneck moment?
I once loaned my car battery to “Spud McNally?” one night at shingle mill thinking this drunk redneck who I don’t know will surely come back once he goes home and gets his good battery. Or using an open oven as a whole houseboat heater. Actually now that think about it I have a lot of them…
Unnumbered question: what would’ve been a good question to ask here? You can answer it or not, but if you come up with something, It will get added to the list for everyone else.
How many people commenting or posting on here regularly do you think you know? As for me I think I know about half of the contributors and a big majority or the commenters.