Sweet’s Quote of the Day:
“I’m very proud of my gold pocket watch. My Grandfather, on his deathbed, sold me this watch.” Woody Allen
1. Rank These Virtues: Loyalty, Fairness, Respect, Caring/Empathy, Purity/Sanctity (i.e., philosophical or religious)
Fairness, Caring/Empathy, (tie) Loyalty Respect , Purity/Sanctity
2. Where were you on the night of July 26th, 1986?
I don’t know, but I wish I was back there.
3. If you were a cruel person, with lots of nerve, what famous person would you choose to publicly mock and/or berate in a televised face-to-face showdown.
4. What semi-secret (or completely private if you want to bust out with it) ambition do you harbor that, even if achieving it is a longshot, you still hope and plan for in your thoughts?
Get a patent on an invention(s), be able to implement it and become financially secure.
5. If you had to live in another country, which would it be? For bonus points, why did you make this choice?
Australia or New Zealand…… they have good weather and it seems like those countries aren’t in the news much for dumb shit.
6. Name your top 3 grilling out foods and your preferred side dish to a patty melt.
Ribs, steak, chicken……..gotta go with Texas style steak fries.
7. Rank these traits, highly valued in the MTGU, as they apply to you: funny, can’t be pigeonholed, perceptive, informed, well-traveled, well-read, family oriented, intellectually honest.
Perceptive, informed, intellectually honest, family oriented, well read, can’t be pigeonholed, well traveled.
8. We all miss Thursday Pickin’ when it’s not around. What tunes, whether only one or up to five, are you listening to right now? Also who, when and where was your last live concert attended?
Listening to a Mets/Dodgers game right now, but had a little Big Bad Voodoo Daddy dance off last night in the den……….saw Night Ranger at the Hard Rock and Craig Ferguson at the IPM.
9. Rank these MTG topics in order of your own personal interest and/or enjoyment: politics, family tales, general humor, offbeat observations, Thursday Pickin’, strange fiction, rants, travel.
Family tales, rants, offbeat observations, Thursday pickin, politics, travel, general humor, strange fiction.
10. JLou’s question: what was your biggest redneck moment?
The first time or whenever I hear my voice played back on a recording.
11. TKH’s question: How many people in the MTGU do you think you know and who are they?
I think I know everyone who grew up here locally and nobody who didn’t, except RSR.
Unnumbered question: what would’ve been a good question to ask here? You can answer or not, but if you come up with something, It will get added to the list for everyone else.
Of the seven deadly sins (wrath, greed, sloth, pride, lust, envy, gluttony), which do you think is the most destructive to our society?